Tired of cleaning crud in the kitchen sink?
A kitchen sink is one of the most used utilities in the kitchen. There are varieties of kitchen sink in the market. Other than top-mounted sink, customers tend to go for undermount kitchen sink for its advantages.
Undermount kitchen sink sets up underneath the countertop and that’s the reason this type of sink doesn’t get water or crud in the sink.
If you are eager to move forward with the sleek design, durable stainless steel, and precise size ratio for your kitchen countertop, you can choose any undermount sink for laminate countertops, but we think you need to know more.
We think there is the best undermount kitchen sinks for laminate countertops and your enthusiastic mind has been searching for it! Here’s it.
What is laminate undermount sink?
You have a kitchen sink that washes the kitchen accessory, but around the sink, it becomes heavily soaked, and soaking eventually weakens the structure of the sink.
The solution to this problem is to set an undermount kitchen sink. Undermount sink is mounted under the countertop or bathroom vanity so that water doesn’t get jammed around the sink and you can easily clean the countertop.
While there are other categories of kitchen sink such as top-mounted or overmounted kitchen sink, customers tend to go for undermount kitchen sink because of its specialty. If you have a laminate countertop, you can still set the undermount sink in your kitchen.
With a laminate countertop, the undermount kitchen sink should be set by professionals.
How reliable is the undermount sink in a laminate countertop?
There are a few concerns around setting up undermount sink in a laminate countertop.
Undermount kitchen sink can be installed in stone or granite counters and these types of countertops are very much rigorous, unlike laminate countertops.
The main issue with the laminate countertop is it contains particle board and this is the reason laminate countertops sturdiness is somewhat contradictory. The strength of the particle board may get weakened or cracked and bend while using heavy stuff on the counter.
Another issue is water that can be mopped to the edge of the countertop and the installation area of the sink gets saggy. This gradually damages the counter.
There are a few suggestions from us that will set you free from all the reliability issues around setting up undermount sink with laminate.
- Setup flush for the laminate to prevent soaking issue on particleboard
- Buy reliable and strong adhesives that will hold the kitchen sink in a particular place
- Make sure you purchase a reliable undermount kitchen sink (See our best product recommendations)
Advantages of laminate countertops undermount kitchen sinks
Whether an undermount kitchen sink is reliable or not, there are some striking points of such sinks. These sinks include a few advantages compared to top-mounted kitchen sinks.
Let’s get to the advantages of laminate undermount sink.
- Maximum usage of countertop: The primary advantage of undermount kitchen sink includes no gap or barrier between sink and countertop, unlike the top mount kitchen sink. This way you have the countertop and sink attached in a way that you have more space to do the kitchen work.
- Hygienic countertop: We have mentioned undermount kitchen sink does not have any gap between the sink and countertop. This prevents any kitchen dirt or debris from stuck in between the sink and countertop. So, your kitchen has a clean sink.
Undermount Laminate sink vs top mount – What is the difference
A kitchen sink contains various sizes and shapes. When you decided to purchase a kitchen sink, you found out the undermount and top mount kitchen sink.
So, you need to decide which one you should go for.
Prior to buying one of the types, determine the installation, pros, and cons of the kitchen sinks.
First of all, undermount sinks are set under the countertop and professionals suggest undermounts seem sleeker and more conventional whereas top mount sinks consist of the thick rim that comes out of the sink. So, undermount offers something more valuable.
Secondly, top mount sinks are adjusted to the counter along with silicone which later creates a barrier. Sometimes this barrier grows bacteria and gradually wears off the silicon. Undermounts are placed under the countertop, so the counter won’t get soaked easily.
Thirdly, when clearing undermount countertop, it’s easy to clean the surface of the counter but top mount sink types have a thick rim that prevents it.
Considering all this, choose which one you should go for.
Best brands of undermount sinks that work with laminate countertops
If you consider the best brands of undermount sinks for laminate countertops while purchasing kitchen products, we have the list for you. There are several trusted brands that have occupied the kitchen market and they have been supplying quality products for ages.
Let’s find out which brand names are the best.
1. KRAUS – Kraus is a famous kitchen utility manufacturer that has been providing service for a long time. Kraus primarily produces the urban style design that is reflected in all of their products.
Kraus product ensures modern design and redefined functionality. If you need durable, productive engineering and a double or single kitchen sink, KRAUS is the right choice for you.
2. KOHLER – With retail shops in over 130 countries, this prominent household accessory company is a great choice for undermount kithchen sinks. Their innovative kitchen sink products contain special features such as silent shield technology.
Besides, if you want a stable and cost-effective kitchen sink laminate countertop, KOHLER is the precise choice for you.
3. Delta – Delta faucet is one major brand that supplies all kinds of well-designed, stylish household accessories. Their purpose is to create lasting change inside the home. Their undermount kitchen sink product offers various items that provide an easy cleaning facility.
So, if you want precise finishing, stability, and aesthetic design in undermount kitchen sink, go for Delta.
4. ZUHNE – This kitchen and bath products company has been another prominent kitchen sink company that provides quality accessories in different countries. They have been providing commercial-grade kitchen sinks for years.
If you want a world-class US-grade and chef-grade kitchen sink, ZUHNE would be your choice.
5. BLANCO – Blanco has been an extensive brand, especially in North America with its quality, innovation in design, and unmatched attention to detail. With different functions, concepts, and good looks on design, BLANCO has been a well-known brand for decades.
Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks for Laminate Countertops
Are you in for a purchase?
If you still are in hesitation which one to choose for your kitchen, we have the best ones listed for you. You will always find the best sinks for laminate countertops in terms of design, size, and different features.
So, check the best list below.